Monday, March 03, 2008

del.icio.us

Everyone in my inner circle would know that I'm not exactly up there when it comes to new technology and new things on the web, even if I may have been part of the first wave to leave Facebook. I've known of del.icio.us for quite some time but never got around to it until last week. Some of my fellow research students do know me for my, um, somewhat anally retentive bookmarking, so it's hard to believe it took this long for me to join. I joined on Friday, and imported all the bookmarks from Firefox and IE on my uni computer. 1200+... By the time I'd done the same at home - let's not even go there. It may be a blessing I've yet to work out how to do the same from Safari. I've spent four days culling and cleaning (not unlike the experience of leaving Facebook, actually), and whilst there are some obvious missing tags and things that don't necessarily make the sense they could yet, here they are.

No comments: